Thomson Reuters, Senior UX Designer (February 2016–Present)
- Lead designer for project management and workflow features. Responsible for feature strategy, project management of research and design activities, and directing design team members.
- Lead designer for the implementation of multi-factor authentication security for web and desktop applications and for the accompanying mobile app. Coordinated with product management, marketing, and other teams to meet deadline.
- Lead designer for complex granular permissions interface for a global financial software platform. Crafted new permissions model while aligning 10+ teams across 7 global regions.
Deepfield, Senior UX Designer (June 2014-January 2016)
- Participated in iterative product and feature design for a big data network analytics platform. Helped implement agile design processes for the startup.
- Contributed to the visual design and style guide for the startup, designed new product features, and created company promotional materials.
- Supervised external contractors and user experience intern.
ITHAKA (JSTOR), JSTOR UX Designer (May 2013-May 2014)
- Lead researcher and designer for an agile team using lean user experience research techniques to improve search results. Analyzed survey data to create baseline satisfaction metrics for comparing new and old searches.
ITHAKA (JSTOR), User Experience Design and Research Internship (Summer 2012)
- Participated in Agile development method. Created wire frames, design specs, and recommendations for unreleased products.
- Conducted usability research on unreleased products.
University of Michigan, Graduate Student Research Assistant (2011 – 2013)
- Research Assistant for Professor and Associate Vice-President Daniel E. Atkins.
- Investigating the ways technology and cyberinfrastructure will change universities and the way students will learn in the future.
University of Michigan, Office of Research Cyberinfrastructure, Assistant Editor (2010-11)
- Provided support to the Office of Research Cyberinfrastructure and chair of the UM IT Governance Council. Produced meeting summaries, tracked activities, assisted with budget proposal writing, and edited presentations and various communications.
University of California, Santa Barbara, Teaching Assistant (2009-2010)
- Taught Religious Studies/Physics 43: Origins; Religious Studies 80B: Religion and Western Civilization II; and INT 95: The Modern Research University.
- Prepared teaching materials; graded homework, essays, and examinations.
- Directed and motivated student discussions. Advised students on writing skills. Served as department faculty graduate student liaison.
- Mediated faculty and graduate student complaints, concerns, and requests.
University of California, Santa Barbara, Graduate Assistant for Academic Librarian (Summer 2009)
- Supported collection assessment of UCSB’s religious studies journals, books, and reference materials. Identified and removed outdated items.
- Advised librarians with budget reduction of journal collections.
- Created Endnote “How-To” Guide for patrons working on both Mac and PCs with UCSB databases and Microsoft Word. Developed LibGuide for religious studies.
Reed College, Assistant Dean of Admission (2005-2007)
- Initiated and organized recruitment activities for US-based students. Recruited prospective students and evaluated 650+ applications each year.
- Supervised and trained 20 campus tour guides and six on-campus dormitory hosts each year. Coordinated special visits for large groups.
Reed Research Nuclear Reactor, Senior Reactor Operator (2001-2005)
- Reactor Operator (2001-2003), Senior operator (2003-2005)
- Performed regular operations, routine maintenance, and completed safety paperwork.
- Accountable for personal and public safety. Trained future operators and promoted public knowledge of nuclear power.