Deepfield – Designing for Data Analysis
- Date June 2014 - Jan 2016
First full time dedicated user experience designer to join Deepfield, a big data network analytics startup. Deepfield (now apart of Nokia) builds software to help network engineers optimize and protect their large Internet infrastructure.
I worked with the internal stakeholders, engineers, sales engineers, and customers to design new features and new products from scratch. To do this, my colleagues and I created a design processes to fit our startup as we grew. Throughout my time at Deepfield, I used my designs, user workflows, prototypes, and other UX deliverables to bring the team together to figure out what to build and why.
As the only user experience designer at the startup, I extended my responsibilities beyond the traditional user experience designer duties to help the company grow. This included:
- Designing and making recruitment materials
- Making icons, logos, slide deck visualizations, and other graphic design visuals
- Managed graphic library
- Design and produced swag (mugs, pint glasses, shirts)
- Managed external contractors to produce logos and mock ups
- Managed and directed a UX intern
Due to a non-disclosure agreement, I am unable to share examples of my work for Deepfield.